Using Photo Sync
Using Photo Sync
FileFlex includes a photo sync feature that allows the back up the photos and videos from as many smart phones as you want to whatever storage you own. You can even set it to only back up when connected via WiFi so as to not use up your cellular data.
To use photo sync:
- Open FileFlex on the phone or tablet that want to photo and/or video sync. (You must have FileFlex installed already installed on the phone in order to sync it. To install FileFlex on your phone or tablet see Installing and Setting Up FileFlex.) From the Global Application Bar main menu, click Photo Sync.
Click Photo Sync
- Choose Synchronize this device
Click Synchronize this device
- To determine the storage destination of your sync, click the Set Sync Destination button.
Set Sync Destination
- Navigate to the content repository that you want to sync to, then navigate to the folder that you want to sync to. You can also create a new folder if needed. (For help in setting up content repositories see Connecting to Your Content).
- FileFlex will create a folder in this destination for your sync. You can give the folder it's own name or accept the default name that FileFlex assigns. Click Create.
Name the sync destination
- Set your sync options.
Set Sync Options
- Click the checkbox to synchronize videos and photos or unclick to only sync photos. FileFlex will sync only photos by default.
- Click the checkbox to sync over cellular data if Wi-Fi is unavailable or unclick to sync only over Wi-Fi. FileFlex will sync only over Wi-Fi by default.
- Click Save when done.
- Repeat steps 1-7 to add additional cellular phones and tablets to your photo sync.