Installing and Setting Up FileFlex
To get full functionality of FileFlex, we recommend set up on all your servers, server storage, computers, mobile devices, public clouds, FTP, Smart WiFi and Network Attached Storage devices.
Step 1: If your do not already have a FileFlex account, you will need to create one first. If you already have an account, go to Step 2.
- From your PC, go to FileFlex.com, from the main menu click TRY NOW. This will open the FileFlex installation page.
- Click the orange button labeled "Click here to create a 30 day free trial account - no credit card required"
- Enter your name, email and create a password. You will then be sent a confirmation email.
- From your email account, open the confirmation email from FileFlex and click the confirmation link.
Congratulations, you have created a FileFlex account.
Step 2: Install the FileFlex Desktop App on your computers.
- When you click the link in your confirmation email, you will be directed to a page with links to the FileFlex clients for Windows, Mac and Linux. Click the appropriate link and download the FileFlex client for your computer. You can also find the download links at: http://fileflex.com/installing-fileflex/
- Open the file that you downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions.
Step 3: Install the FileFlex Mobile App on your tablets and smart phones.
From your mobile device, search for FileFlex in your app store, download and install.
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/fileflex/id982214370?mt=8
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qnext.smb&hl=en
- Or from your phone, you can scan the appropriate QR code that will take you to your app store. Then download and install.
Linking FileFlex To Your Content.
When you first launch FileFlex, a wizard will start to help you link FileFlex to your file storage. You can also link FileFlex to your content manually at any time through the following steps:
- Open FileFlex
- Click the Global Application bar right side menu
- Select Add Content Source. Link FileFlex to your PCs, servers, NAS, FTP and cloud accounts.
Note - We recommend setting up storage devices from your Desktop App while connected to the same network as other remote devices since some devices (such as NAS & computers) can only be added while working from your Desktop App.
For detailed instructions see Connecting To Your Content.
Importing Your Contacts.
To import your email contacts:
- From within your email software first export your contacts to a comma delimited file.
- Open FileFlex.
- From the Global Application bar right side menu select Add/Manage Contacts.
- Select Import Contacts.
- Finally select Delimited File.
For detailed instructions see How To Import Contacts.
To import the contacts from your smart phone, open FileFlex, select Add/Manage Contacts from the Global Application bar right side menu, then select Import Contacts, and finally select Device Contacts.