Working with Contacts
How to import from Outlook
Video Tutorial - Watch How to Import Contacts to FileFlex From Outlook
Note: The following instructions are from the 2016 version of Outlook, though Outlook 2013 will be very similar. If you have a different version of outlook, see Microsoft’s Help Page for exporting contacts to a .csv file, then continue with step 7 of this tutorial.
- Open Outlook. In the top left, click File. In the dropdown menu that appears, click Open & Export and then Import/Export.
- In the Import and Export Wizard select Export to a file, then select Next.
- Choose Comma Separated Values and select Next.
- In the next Export to a File dialog box, find your Contacts folder and select it, then select Next.
- In the next screen, click Browse and navigate to the location you want to save the .csv file to. You’ll need to find this later to import to FileFlex, so give it a memorable name and click Next.
- In the next Export to a File dialog box, select Finish.
- Open FileFlex. Select the menu (3 horizontal lines) in the top right Global Application Bar. In the dropdown, select Add/Manage Contacts.
- This opens the contact manager. In the contact manager, click the menu (3 dots) in the top right of the Activity Bar and select Import Contacts from the drop-down.
- In the Import from dialog box, select Outlook.
- In the Import from Outlook dialog box, select Choose File.
- Navigate to the .csv file you exported from Outlook and select Open.
- In the Import from Outlook dialog box, select Upload.
- In the Contacts Imported dialog box, select Done.